At Qantom, we have had a long journey testing niche software products. Our clients had entrusted with the complete end-to-end testing of their products and have involved us closely with the entire product management life cycle. Needless to say We ourselves have developed several test automation products.
Leveraging these strengths, Qantom has now started building high quality software products, primarily focused on the Indian SMB segment. Our first offering in this segment is the E-SugamAssist, a utility that allows traders to Create Esugam entries automatically from Tally.
We are working on a road maps for products that will be built to address other e-governance
solutions like GST(Goods and services tax), TDS and so on. The next version of these utilities
will have a lot of mobile presence to make the life of the small business owner much easier
by providing mobile based solutions for these issues.
Karnataka Commercial Taxes department mandates that if the total value of the invoice for any customer exceeds Rs. 25,000, traders must make an E-Sugam entry directly in the department's server. Traders do this task manually and in turn end up spending a lot of time in this activity. Besides, since this task has to be done manually, this activity raises the possibilities of errors during submission.
Qantom's E-SugamAssist is a tool that will make the lives of traders easy by automatically submitting Sales Invoices to the Esugam Server. The tool takes invoice details from Tally, a popular accounting software and submits these details to the Esugam server. The E-sugam acknowledgment number received from the E-sugam server is updated back into Tally
1.0 Beta was released on the 29th of August 2015. This version is available on Invitation basis only. If you have received an invitation to evaluate the tool, kindly download the tool from the link sent to you and start using the tool. In case you haven't received the invitation but would like to participate in the Beta, please drop in a paragraph to us at email@example.com and we'll be happy to send you the download link.
Based on the user experience of beta reference customers, we made several changes to the software and released 1.0 Beta release2 on 26th of September 2015. Highlights of the changes are :
- Redesigned the UI based on user experience. The UI is now more intuitive and provides more information.
- Application performance has been improved significantly. The application is now more responsive and updates from tally are almost instantaneous
- Various features can now be configured using the UI itself. In the previous release, these parameters had to be configured by changing the values manually in an ini file.
- Remember Firefox Form history : Even though all fields are taken from Tally and filled up directly into a browser, there are times when changes have to be made in the browser. A classic example is when items are shipped to a address different from billing address. To make this operation easier, firefox history is now remembered for entries made through the E-SugamAssist application
- Fixed Quantity difference due to Rounding off : When item entries were rounded off, the application was calculating the quantity based on the rounded off values. This was not desirable and has been addressed
- When TIN for a party has not been given in the party's ledger details or if the TIN has been given as a URD tin (29000000000), then the party's name & address is taken from the ledger itself
- If 'non-inventory' line entries were present in a sales voucher, these lines were ignored when calculating Taxable amount, even if such ledgers were classified in tally as 'VAT assesable'. Fixed this issue
- CST values were not taken as VAT amount when submitting ESugam. Fixed this issue.
- If multiple entries are made for a party, even if each invoice doesn’t exceed the threshold, these invoices are now enabled for making Esugam entries. This is required as per statutory norms
The public release of 1.0 is expected to roll out by January 2016
The spreadsheet based automated test management solution from Qantom is a nifty solution
to manage unit tests and automated tests. This is a tool that we use internally and for the exclusive use of our SQA clients. We don't
have immediate plans of selling this tool as a commercial offering.
Typically unit and automated tests are maintained as a large chunk of code which is periodically executed by the test developer periodically. The issue with this style of test management is that the test code is only understandable by somebody who is well versed with programming languages. And even for this category of people, it takes some effort to read through the code and understand what is being tested. It is very difficult for test managers or business analysts to make out whether or not the test cases are accurate and /or to review these test cases. Qantom's spreadsheet based automated test management tool addresses this issue. Using this tool, the tests can be maintained in a spreadsheet form with detailed description about what the tests are trying to accomplish. The test management solution works with TestNg tests and uses OpenOffice for spreadsheets. And the best part is that you don't have to change the coding style or the test case format. Regular style of coding using TestNG is adopted. In case you want to use data driven tests, the data rows are taken from spreadsheet rows - thus making it obvious as to which row tests what sort of data.
We use the spreadsheet based automated test management solution solely for the test automaton needs of our clients and we do not sell this product as a standalone product normally. If you have a requirement for this product or need a volume license please contact us @ firstname.lastname@example.org
WET is an opensource web automation testing tool. WET drives an IE Browser directly and so the automated testing done using WET is equivalent to how a user would drive the web pages. Using WET, you can perform all the operations required for testing web applications - like automatically clicking a link, entering text in a textfield, clicking a button etc. WET allows you to perform various checks as a part of the testing process by using Checkpoints.
Wet was developed in 2005 and was under active development till 2008. It won wide accollades from tester community including some reputed heavy weights. During its active days, WET had several features which matched and in certain cases surpassed the features of commercial equivalents. Somewhere during the end of 2008, we stopped development of WET in order to focus on our commercial services.
More information about WET can be found at WET's Website
Quicktest pro users faced a challenge when it came to maintaining object repositories. The default object repository created by QTP was extremely fragile across builds. The solution was to use descriptive programming which itself had maintainability issues, if the description of the underlying objects changed. we innovated the concept of an XML repository for descriptive programming, which was a simple yet ground breaking innovation that made the life of QTP automators a lot easier. XML Repository Manager was the Tool that allows Quicktest developers to maintain the repositories for descriptive programming
The XML Repository manager was a tool that was geared to address a specific challenge for QuicktestPro in the year 2003. As our token of gratitude to the Software Testing community, we released this product as a free version (but not opensource) . The application was fully functional in terms of its functionality and we didn't have to release any further versions. Even though it is more than 12 years since we released the first version, we still receive license requests for the product.
External copyrights of trademarks used throughout the site: Selenium is copyright of Matt Phillips. Esugam, E sugam and GST (goods and services taxes) are copyrights of statutory departments of Indian Governments. Tally is the copyright of Tally solutions India. Unless explicitly mentioned, Qantom has no direct affiliation with any of the above trademark owners.