To check out what the new Qantom wants to become and the future we have planned for ourselves, Please visit our New Home Page .
Our primary focus is in the area of software testing and SQA services. Our range of SQA related service offerings are :
Out-sourced Software Testing
SQA services forms the core business of our offerings. With our vast experience in the field of software testing, we specialize in the full gamut of manual software testing - from test design to system testing
Be it testing in the embedded/IOT space or testing mobile apps, we are geared to take up your challenging opportunities.
When it comes to test automation, We have a great level of success in implementing test automation solutions. To name but a few, we have the credit of creating WET - a web testing tool, XML Repository manager - a ground breaking concept for creating reliable object repository for Quicktest, Xpresstest - a framework for automation of an embedded phone, and so on.
Ever since the inception of Qantom, our primary focus area has been in the field of SQA. Within SQA itself, we have spent the maximum amount of time on SIP based Unified Communication solutions. The complexity of these PBX servers and switches have given us an opportunity to gain a good amount of experience in other domains such as Web application testing, Mobile application testing & embedded appliance testing. The following are the testing services that we are glad to offer
At ,Qantom, we derive a lot of pleasure in boasting about our automation capabilities. Be it home brewn automation solutions, extending the capabilities of existing automation tools or building automation tools from the scratch, we have had the distinction of achieving a great deal of success in the field of test automation.
We offer the following solutions for software test automation.
Functional web test automation: We can achieve a high degree of automation
for your entire web test execution. We can use WET, Watir or Selenium, the tool of your choice
to create your test suite.
Build a home brewn test automation solution: If your application requires a custom built test automation solution, then we can work you to design a test automation solution for your application and then implement it.
Soak/Performance testing: Depending on your application's architecture, we can either build a customized Stress/Performance testing tool or can use existing tools. Once such a solution is designed and implemented, we can then excercise the soak/performance testing solution periodically and analyze the results.
We are sure that your products can benefit a lot from our achievements in test automation. Some of our achievements that we would like to proudly showcase are :
Framework for web testing. - When we were presented the daunting task of automating the functionality of a Unified communication server, none of the existing tools could stand up to meet the demands. We then created WET, a web testing framework. As a token of appreciation to the enormous amount of money that the opensource community had saved Qantom, we decided to release WET under a liberal opensource agreement. WET won wide accolades from the testing community and was as powerful as the opensource equivalents at the time when WET was developed.
Using WET we could achieve more than 80% test automation for the combination of UI and configuration testing of the administration of the UC server.
In 2015, we took a strategic decision to make Selenium the tool of choice for all our future test automation needs. The task of maintaining an opensource tool was quite challenging for us, especially given the fact that there was no revenue from this. Seven years after we had stopped the active development of WET, when we evaluated Selenium this time, we found that Selenium as a framework now had all the features that were expected of a web test automation tool. Added to this, the fact Selenium is written in Java, allows one to access several existing libraries and accomplish a high level of automation,. We then decided that it was a redundant overhead to continue development or maintenance of an additional tool which had no revenue. After all, when we first decided to write WET, it was only becasue the existing tools at that time lacked some of the capabilities that we were looking for. Hence the decision to move towards Selenium.
When making this switch, we have been adopting some of the cool features of WET like object management using a repository, structured test management, cooler reporting, etc., and using these in our Selenium based frameworks. In fact, the spreadsheet based test automation management framework was an offshoot of this exercise.
Quicktest pro users faced a challenge when it came to maintaining object repositories. The default object repository created by QTP was extremely fragile across builds. The solution was to use descriptive programming which itself had maintainability issues, if the description of the underlying objects changed. We innovated the concept of an XML repository for descriptive programming, which was a simple yet ground breaking innovation that made the life of QTP automators a lot easier. XML Repository Manager was the Tool that allows Quicktest developers to maintain the repositories for descriptive programming
This was an automation tool built to automate the functional testing of Pingtel Xpressa IP Phones. The tool had two components-
a) The caller which was a Java UI application making RPC calls on the PC side
b) The controller which was an embedded java application residing on the phones to drive the actual automation of these phones.
This tool has a special significance for Qantom, not only because it was a remarkable achievement to automate the testing of an embedded device, but also because the tool helped the christening of Qantom
PTTF -This was a Pingtel proprietary performance test tool that was developed by our engineers. This tool was used to drive the performance testing
of the IP-Pbx based solution
SIPP wrappers As a part of our automated SIP Protocol testing, we have developed several proprietary wrappers and extensions around SIPP.
By outsourcing your software testing needs to Qantom, you not only get a cost benefit but also take advantages of our expertise in the software testing, opensource development and training areas. We'll take care of these headaches and allow you to focus on your core competencies. In addition, thanks to our strong processes, continous process improvement, BCP and knowledge management, you can be rest assured of an uninterrupted service delivery
- VOIP testing - We have been engaged in SIP testing from close to the birth of the SIP Protocol. We have done extensive amount of testing on complex IP-Pbx related products. Our labs are well equipped to handle most kinds of IP Telephony testing requirements
- Lab setup - Well equipped lab thanks to our expertise in opensource servers. We were able to meet the demands of the leaders of telephone switches without having to invest heavily
- Traditional telephony testing - Apart from IP Pbx switches and endpoints, we have also tested traditional telephony equipment, mainly Nortel's BCM.
- Advanced PBX Applications - Testing and configuration of different PBX features such as Call centers, Auto attendants, Voicemail, Conference servers , Call park and so on
- Unified communications - Having worked on the eZuce UC and Avaya SCS testing activities, gained a good exposure to this new mantra of future communication
- Protocol testing - Both manual and automated testing of the SIP protocol. For automated protocol testing, SIPp was the framework used
- Test automation - This is our jewel in the crown. We have developed generic web testing automation tools and have also built home brewn test automation solutions for our clients.
- Performance testing - Primarily done extensive performance testing for the SIP protocol
- Web application testing - Extensive testing on both UI and functionality of web applications
- Mobile application testing - Primarily focussed on mobile end points and mobile UC clients
- Appliance testing - Both automated and manual testing of embedded appliances
- Interoperability testing - For different types of entities - endpoints, switches/servers and gateways
- Networking - Testing, installation of configuration of linux networks; Debugging network traffic using tcpdump and wireshark sniffers. Have depolyed secure networks using IPtable firewalls, Linux gateways for multiple subnets, Secure VPN connection using openVPN, http proxy servers, mail servers, subversion configuration management servers, etc
- Knowledge management - Using our Unique training methodology and a thorough knowledge management, We were able to quickly train and deploy high quality resources for the challenging requirements
External copyrights of trademarks used throughout the site: Selenium is copyright of Matt Phillips. Esugam, E sugam and GST (goods and services taxes) are copyrights of statutory departments of Indian Governments. Tally is the copyright of Tally solutions India. Unless explicitly mentioned, Qantom has no direct affiliation with any of the above trademark owners.